|Seth Gilliam Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1968|
Seth Gilliam is an American actor and theatre artist who is recognized for his several brilliant performances such as Clayton Hughes in Oz, Ellis Carver in The Wire, Dr. Alan Deaton in Teen Wolf, and Gabriel Stokes in The Walking Dead. Other than these, he has also been cast in numerous other shows and movies like The Cosby Show, Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Nurse Jackie, The Good Wife, Personal Velocity: Three Portraits, Assault at West Point: The Court-Martial of Johnson Whittaker, Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Mr. Wonderful, Stake Out: Atlantic Salmon, City on a Hill, Person of Interest, The Bronx is Burning, The People v. Leo Frank, and Courage Under Fire. Moreover, Seth Gilliam has also been a part of a couple of stage productions such as The Last Bar at the End of the World while also having amassed a generous fan base on social media with more than 10k followers on Twitter.
New York, United States
Seth Gilliam studied at the State University of New York at Purchase (commonly known as Purchase College), which is a public college located in Harrison, Westchester County, New York, United States, and he graduated from the university in 1990.
Actor, Theatre Artist
Seth Gilliam is represented by McGowan Management, Inc., Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Seth Gilliam has dated –
- Leah Gardiner – Seth Gilliam is married to actress and producer, Leah Gardiner, who is known for her work in a couple of projects such as Little Men, Mother of George, etc. The duo has been blessed with a child and the family prefers to keep its private life away from the public eye.
Race / Ethnicity
- Shaved head
- Deep-set eyes
- High cheekbones
- Often sports a goatee
Best Known For
- Having been cast as Gabriel Stokes, a priest who joins the group of Rick Grimes, in the post-apocalyptic horror television series, The Walking Dead, in which he stars alongside the likes of Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Steven Yeun, Chandler Riggs, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, Emily Kinney, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Alanna Masterson, Christian Serratos, Khary Payton, Samantha Morton, and several others
- Playing the role of Ellis Carver, a black police officer who is also a former commander of the Baltimore Police Department’s Western District Drug Enforcement Unit, in the serial crime drama tragedy television series, The Wire. The show had a run from 2002 to 2008 and apart from Seth Gilliam, the lead cast also comprised of Dominic West, John Doman, Idris Elba, Frankie Faison, Larry Gilliard, Jr., Wood Harris, Deirdre Lovejoy, Wendell Pierce, Lance Reddick, Andre Royo, Sonja Sohn, Chris Bauer, Paul Ben-Victor, Clarke Peters, Amy Ryan, Aidan Gillen, Glynn Turman, Clark Johnson, Tom McCarthy, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Neal Huff, Jermaine Crawford, Tristan Wilds, Michael Kostroff, and Michelle Paress.
- Appearing as Clayton Hughes in the suspense dark comedy crime drama series, Oz, from 1999 to 2001
- Portraying the character of Dr. Alan Deaton in the supernatural teen drama romance television series, Teen Wolf, which starred the likes of Tyler Posey, Crystal Reed, Dylan O’Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden, Colton Haynes, Shelley Hennig, Arden Cho, Dylan Sprayberry, and Melissa Ponzio
Seth Gilliam made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Jeremy Breaker in the comedy romantic drama film, Joey Breaker, in the year 1993. Directed by Steven Starr, the lead cast of the film included the likes of Richard Edson, Cedella Marley, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Fred Fondren, and Erik King and it was premiered at Santa Barbara International Film Festival on March 5, 1993.
First TV Show
Seth Gilliam made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Aaron Dexter in an episode, titled It’s a Boy, of the family romantic comedy sitcom, The Cosby Show, in November 1990. Revolving around the life of an upper-middle-class black family living in Brooklyn, New York, United States, the show starred actors Bill Cosby, Phylicia Rashad, Sabrina Le Beauf, Geoffrey Owens, Lisa Bonet, Joseph C. Phillips, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Tempestt Bledsoe, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Raven Symoné, and Erika Alexander.
Seth Gilliam Facts
- He has appeared as Michael’s Attorney/Babatunde Amoda in the popular police procedural and legal drama TV show, Law & Order.
- In 2007, Seth Gilliam was cast as Paul Blair in an episode titled Time for a Change? of the television drama show, The Bronx Is Burning. Based on the book titled Ladies and Gentlemen, the Bronx Is Burning, the lead cast of the show comprised of John Turturro, Oliver Platt, and Daniel Sunjata.
- Over the years, he has played a wide range of characters in a number of movies which include having appeared as Cadet Johnson C. Whittaker in Assault at West Point: The Court-Martial of Johnson Whittaker, Jeremy Brasher in Joey Breaker, James Hemings in Jefferson in Paris, Willie in Heading Home, Altameyer in Courage Under Fire, Clayton in The Great New Wonderful, Jim Conley in The People v. Leo Frank, U.S. Marshal Lasky in Did You Hear About the Morgans?, Testing Van Doc in The Skinny, Officer Payne in Change in the Air, Jeff in Silver Lake, ER Doctor in Mr. Wonderful, Derek in The Hardest Part, Sugar Watkins in Starship Troopers, Vincent in Personal Velocity: Three Portraits, Rivers in Stake Out: Atlantic Salmon, Frederic Johnson in Still Alice, Officer Grady in Police State, and many others.
- His theatre credits include playing the role of Tobias in the Off-Broadway production of The Last Bar at the End of the World in New York City, New York, United States.
- Follow Seth Gilliam on Twitter.
Featured Image by Izabell960 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0