Amethyst Amelia Kelly
Kelly, Sydney, Australia
She is not a graduate. Azalea attended school but dropped out as she didn’t find it cool, besides her art class. Instead, she decided to work with her mother and thus, earn some money which can then be used to visit America.
Songwriter, recording artist, model
- Father – Painter and comics artist
- Mother – A cleaner, who cleaned holiday houses and hotels
- Siblings – Unknown
Apart from singing, she is involved in modeling too. Azalea’s career is managed by Wilhelmina Models. She signed with them in 2012 and soon landed an endorsement deal with Levi Jeans later in that year.
Electronic dance, hip hop
Def Jam, Grand Hustle, Mercury, Virgin EMI
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iggy Azalea dated –
- Asap Rocky (2011-2012) – American rapper, A$ap Rocky (from ASAP Mob) dated Iggy for a year from June 2011 to June 2012. She met him via American record producer Chase N. Cashe.
- Nick Young (2013-2016) – American basketball player, Nick Young started dating Iggy in October 2013. They got engaged on June 1, 2015. But, after a year, in June 2016, the couple ended their engagement.
- Tyler, The Creator (2014) – Iggy was RUMORed to be dating American rapper Tyler, The Creator in 2014.
- French Montana (2016) – Moroccan hip hop recording artist French Montana dated Iggy from July 2016 to December 2016.
- LJay Currie (2016-Present) – Music producer Ljay Currie started dating Iggy in December 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
Her natural hair color is dark blonde. But, she dyes them light blonde. (via Twitter)
Female singer with good height
33-26-38 in or 84-66-96.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
Levi Jeans (2012)
Her religious beliefs are still unknown.
Best Known For
Her controversial songs “Pu**y” and “Two Times”, which went viral on the internet (YouTube).
She released her debut studio album in March 2014 titled The New Classic via Mercury Records, and Island Def Jam Records.
Iggy appeared in the 2015 action film Fast & Furious 7 in a cameo role.
First TV Show
In 2013, she guest appeared in music documentary TV series titled Tracks in an episode dated January 26, 2013 as herself.
She is an amazing dancer and this is one of the things, which keeps Azalea in shape. Other than dancing, she likes running, does lunges, and is very competitive too. She never stops herself from trying new things. She once took the “30 day squat challenge” in which one needs to exercise for 30 days, and it becomes more intense as the day progresses.
Regarding diet, she takes a smoothie in breakfast, which is a good energy source and also her favorite one. It is made from almonds, fruits, kale, berries and other ingredients.
Iggy Azalea Favorite Things
- Sport – Tennis
Source – LAYoga
Iggy Azalea Facts
- Her parents moved to Mullumbimby, New South Wales from Kelly, Sydney, when she was still an infant. She relocated to USA at the age of 16.
- She began rapping at the age of 14.
- She is of the same age and height as American singer Taylor Swift.
- Rappers Tupac Shakur and Missy Elliott from USA are Iggy’s major music influences.
- She received her name from her mother.
- Visual artists David LaChapelle and Andy Warhol are her idols.
- She had also served as a member of a band, which she formed with two of the neighborhood girls. This all happened before she commenced her solo singing career. The band idea didn’t work for long as the other two girls were not serious about this as a career option.
- She had a childhood dog, named Iggy Pop. Hence, her nickname comes from that dog.
- Visit her official website @ iggyazalea.com.
- Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, iTunes, SoundCloud, Instagram, Google+, MySpace, last.fm, SongKick.