|Amey Wagh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 13, 1987|
Amey Wagh is an Indian actor and theatre artist who has appeared in several Marathi and Hindi language films like Muramba, Joshi Ki Kamble, Shutter, Popat, High Jack, Ghantaa, Aaicha Gondhal, Billu, Girlfriend, Karkhanisanchi Waari: Ashes on a road trip, Lagli Paij, Faster Fene, Aiyyaa, Zombivali, Dhurala, Jaggu & Juliet, Govinda Naam Mera, and Me Vasantrao. Moreover, Amey Wagh has worked extensively in many stage productions as well as has been cast in shows such as Sacred Games 2, Asur, Dil Dosti Duniyadari, Dil Dosti Dobara, Boygiri, Brochara, and The Great Indian Murder.
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Amey Wagh attended Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce located in Pune, Maharashtra.
Actor, Theatre Artist
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amey Wagh has dated –
- Sajiri Deshpande – After dating for 13 years, he got married to Sajiri Deshpande on July 2, 2017, at Shrutimangal, Pune.
Race / Ethnicity
Amey Wagh is of Marathi descent.
Usually sports a beard
Amey Wagh Facts
- He has lived in a joint family of around 65 members.
- He comes from a family that has been in the transport business.
- Amey Wagh was in college when he started actively participating in play competitions.
- He was cast as Modern Barber’s Assistant in the 2009 comedy-drama film Billu (previously known as Billu Barber), starring Irrfan Khan, Lara Dutta, and Shah Rukh Khan.
- In 2015, Amey Wagh received the Vinod Doshi fellowship in performing arts.
- Co-starring alongside Mithila Palkar, he played Alok in the 2017 Marathi-language comedy-drama film Muramba. For this performance, he won the award for “Best Actor” at the 4th Filmfare Awards Marathi.
- He was ranked number #5 in the Times of India-Pune‘s “Most Desirable Men” list in 2018.
- In 2019, Amey Wagh appeared as Kushal in the Netflix conspiracy crime thriller series Sacred Games. It stars Saif Ali Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Radhika Apte, Pankaj Tripathi, Kalki Koechlin, and Ranvir Shorey.
- He has hosted shows like Super Dancer Maharashtra, Mrs. Annapurna, and 2 MAD.
- Amey Wagh co-starred as Rasool Shaikh/Shubh Joshi in the 2020 Hindi-language mystery crime thriller web series Asur, set in the backdrop of the mystical city of Varanasi.
- He brought to life the character of Arun Deshmukh in the Hindi-language crime mystery drama web series The Great Indian Murder in 2022. Its lead cast includes Richa Chadha, Pratik Gandhi, Ashutosh Rana, Raghuvir Yadav, Sharib Hashmi, Paoli Dam, and Shashank Arora.
- Some of the plays he has been cast in are The Government Inspector, Never Mind, Katyar Kaljat Ghusali, Geli Ekvees Varsha, Amar Photo Studio, and Bombed.
Featured Image by Amey Wagh / Instagram