|Kevin Richardson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1971|
|Spouse||Kristin Kay Willits|
Kevin Richardson is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and model. He is best known for being a member of the popular vocal group, the Backstreet Boys. Besides being a musician, he has also worked as a model for brands like Versace and Tag Huer. Some of his famous songs include As Long As You Love Me, Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely, Quit Playing Games With My Heart, Everybody, I’ll Never Break Your Heart, I Want It That Way, and Larger than Life.
Kevin Scott Richardson
Train, Boo, Pumpkin
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kevin went to the Estill County High School.
- Father – Jerald Wayne Richardson, Sr. (Outdoorsman, Handyman)
- Mother – Ann C. (née Littrell) (Housewife)
- Siblings – Jerald Wayne Jr. (Older Brother), Tim (Older Brother)
- Others – Harold Baker Littrell, Sr. (Maternal Grandfather), Lucy L. Hill (Maternal Grandmother), Brian Littrell (First Cousin) (Singer)
Brian is represented by Origin Talent.
Pop, CCM, Dance-Pop, R&B, Teen Pop, Pop Rock, Adult Contemporary
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards
K-BAHN, RCA Records, Avex Inc., Legacy Recordings (Former)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kevin has dated –
- Kristin Kay Willits – Kevin first met dancer, actress, photographer, and model, Kristin Kay Willits, while they both worked at Disney World. They eventually got engaged and their engagement was announced by NTV in 1999. Kristin has also made appearances in Backstreet Boys‘ song I’ll Never Break Your Heart. The pair got married on June 17, 2000, at the Cathedral Domain Camp and Conference Center in rural Lee County in eastern Kentucky. They are proud parents to 2 sons named Mason Frey (b. July 3, 2007) and Maxwell Haze (b. July 10, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish, English, Scottish, and German ancestry.
French cut beard
Kevin has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Old Navy
- Burger King
- TAG Heuer
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular vocal group, Backstreet Boys
As a member of Backstreet Boys, he released his debut studio album, Backstreet Boys, on May 6, 1996. The album peaked at number 1 on music charts in countries like Austria, Canada, Germany, and Switzerland.
Kevin made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film, My Girl, as Bumper Car Driver in 1991. However, his role went uncredited.
He made his first credited theatrical film appearance in the black comedy film, This Is the End, in 2013.
First TV Show
In 1996, Kevin made his first TV show appearance in the comedy game-show series, Wetten, dass..?.
Kevin Richardson Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – Elvis, Dean Martin, James Brown, Merl Haggert, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jonny Cash, Chuck Berry, Glenn Campbell, George Jones, Marvin Gaye, Fats Domino, The Brothers Gibb, ELO, The Oak Ridge Boys, KC & Sunshine Band, Bob Marley, Hank Williams Jr., Beatles, John Lennon, Led Zepplin, Journey, Van Halen, AC/DC, Alabama, Little River Band, Earth Wind & Fire, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Miller Band, Ohio Players, Elton John, Doobie Brothers, Police, The Gap Band, Hall & Oates, Prince, Beastie Boys, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Tears For Fears, Def Leppard, U2, The Cars, Squeeze, Guns and Roses, Bill Withers, Tom Petty & The Heart Breakers, Yaz, Vince Gill, Peabo Bryson, Michael Jackson, Luther Vandross, Clint Black, LL Cool J, Alan Jackson, Depeche Mode, Tupac
- Actors – Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Humphrey Bogart, Gene Kelly, Dean Martin, Fred Astaire, John Wayne, Marlon Brando, Steve McQueen, Burt Reynolds, Robert De Niro, Clint Eastwood, Tom Cruise, Dustin Hoffman, Forest Whitaker, Ben Kingsley, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, Tim Robbins, Jim Carrey, Johnny Depp
Source – Facebook
Kevin Richardson Facts
- Kevin spent the early 9 years of his life on a 10-hectare farm where he lived with his family.
- He was an outdoor kid and by the time he was 4, he could ride a horse.
- As a child, he was quite active in sports and was interested in sports like horseback riding, dirt bikes, and football.
- He played football in high school and became the captain of his team called the Estill Engineers.
- He got the nickname ‘Train’ because while playing, he used to run through boys like a train.
- After moving from the farm, he worked as a camp counselor at a church-owned youth camp called the Cathedral Domain Camp, ran by his father.
- He enjoyed being at the camp talent shows until he was 18.
- He learned how to play the piano when he was only 9 and got his first keyboard when he was a high school freshman.
- He was also a part of a church choir.
- Kevin also used to perform in school theater and was a member of the school’s drama club and occasionally sung in the choir. He also took part in various school plays such as Bye Bye Birdie and Barefoot in the Park.
- In high school, he was also in the chess club.
- He was voted “Most Popular”, “Best Dressed”, “Best Dancer”, “Best Look”, and “Best Looking” during his school time.
- As a youngster, he joined a band called Paradise and used to play with them at weddings.
- He has also worked as Ninja Turtle, Aladdin, Prince Eric, Tigger, The Rocketeer, Goofy, and Sebastian the Crab and a backstage tour guide at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
- Visit his official website @ kevinrichardson.com.
- Follow Kevin Richardson on Twitter and Facebook.
Featured Image by Joel Telling / Flickr / CC BY 2.0