Norman Mark Reedus
Hollywood, Florida, USA
- Apartment in Manhattan, New York, USA
- Spent a substantial time in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia to shoot for The Walking Dead.
Norman dropped out of high school when he was in 10th grade in 1988. He decided to move to Japan then England and lastly to Spain supporting himself with odd jobs and selling paintings throughout the way.
He returned to live in Los Angeles for the sake of his then-girlfriend (who later married her ex-boyfriend) and took up a job at a Harley Davidson shop called Dr. Carl’s Hog Hospital and simultaneously contributed artwork to various local shows.
Former Model, Actor, Filmmaker, Cinematographer, Photographer, Artist (Painter & Sculptor)
- Father – Ira Norman Reedus (Businessman)
- Mother – Marianne Yarber (Former Playboy Bunny, Former Coffin Saleswoman, Kindergarten Teacher)
- Siblings – Leslie Renee Reedus (Younger Sister)
He possibly has two half-siblings from his mother’s remarriage.
Norman is signed up these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Agency); formerly with Don Buchwald and Associates.
- JoAnne Colonna, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, California (Manager)
- Karl Austen, Jackoway Tyerman (Attorney)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Norman Reedus has dated –
- Amanda de Cadenet (1995–1996) – He was first associated with the British actress and television presenter during the 1990s.
- Bridget Hall (1997–1998) – She is the first of many American models that Norman has dated in his lifespan.
- Helena Christensen (1998–2003) – He had a 5-year serious relationship with the supermodel Helena Christensen and the former couple share joint custody of their son named, Mingus Lucien Reedus (born. October 1999).
- Rose McGowan – In the early 2000s, Norman and actress-singer, Rose McGowan dated each other briefly.
- From 2003 to 2013, Norman was speculated to be dating the following women. Details about his relationship to them are very scarce.
- Tiffany Limos (2004) (American Actress)
- Catherine Kim (2007) (American Actress)
- Rachel Sheedy (2008) (Talent Agent)
- Jarah Mariano (2009 – 2010) (Model)
- Glen Lovrich (2011 – 2012) (Model)
- Laurie Holden (2013) (The Walking Dead co-star)
- Emily Kinney (2013-2015) (The Walking Dead co-star)
- Cecilia Singley (2014) – Throughout 2014, the model’s Instagram posts hinted she is involved with Norman. The relationship supposedly fizzled after a year considering Cecilia was only 20 at that time while Norman was 44.
- Courtney Love (2015) – Norman was frequently spotted at various NYC nightclubs with the famous singer which made people presume that the two might be involved.
- Danai Gurira (2015) – In 2015, actors Danai Gurira and Norman met on the set of The Walking Dead. They soon started dating and were pictured kissing each other. Though, they never confirmed the relationship.
- Diane Kruger (2016–Present) – Norman and Diane met on the sets of French-German film Sky (2015) as co-stars. Cryptic social media messages that included a lot of mutual appreciation got people wondering if the two were dating. This was finally confirmed in March 2017. In November 2018, the couple added a girl to their family. This was Norman’s second child and Diane’s first. In August 2021, the couple got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian, English, Scottish and Northern Irish ancestry.
He dyed them ‘Dark Brown’ for The Walking Dead.
- Hooded Eyes
- Long Face
- Mole above left corner of the upper lip.
- Wears signature style long hair and goatee ever since he was cast on The Walking Dead in 2010.
Norman’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
10.5 (US) or 10 (UK) or 44 (EU) (via eBay listing)
As a model throughout the 1990s, Norman modeled for many famous brands, some of which were:
- Alessandro Dell’Acqua
- Budweiser (1993)
- Levi’s (1997)
- Lexus (2010)
- Morgenthal Frederics luxury eyewear (2012)
Best Known For
- Playing the fearless Southerner, Daryl Dixon in the horror-thriller-drama series, The Walking Dead on AMC network.
- Playing hot-headed Murphy MacManus in The Boondock Saints (1999) and The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009).
Norman played the main role of Van in Floating (1997).
First TV Show
Norman guest starred for 2 episodes on Charmed in 2003 as Nate Parks, the boyfriend of Rose McGowan’s character, Paige Matthews.
- Whenever Norman is on a break from shooting, back home in New York, he hires a personal trainer to stay lean or shed holiday weight gain, especially right before leaving for Atlanta to work on the next season of The Walking Dead.
- He has an inbuilt gym in his Atlanta home to stay consistent with weight training.
- Norman has to strategize his workouts to avoid engaging and overtraining sore / injured parts of his body.
- He deliberately avoids building a 6 pack because he thinks it looks too vain to look that shredded in the middle of an apocalypse ( a reference to The Walking Dead).
- He does not need to make time for cardio since he is always running for hours on the sets of his TV show. His hobbies include swimming, construction and riding bikes which also makes it easier for him to stay lean.
- In terms of diet, Norman has a preference for locally grown organic food. He depends upon fruits and vegetables as a primary source of fuel and indulges in seafood and red meat occasionally.
- Norman likes chocolate as a treat but has no addiction to sugar or desserts and never binges upon these things with total abandon.
- When faced with a time crunch to get fit, Norman eliminates bread, pasta, beer from his diet and stops going to Starbucks.
Norman Reedus Favorite Things
- Breakfast – Eggs Benedict, Huevos Rancheros
- Accessory – Ray-Ban sunglasses
- Childhood Horror Movie – The Omen (1976)
- Color – Green
- Movies – Mad Max (1979), Midnight Cowboy (1969), Saturday Night Fever (1977)
- The Walking Dead Episode – Still, Season 4
Norman Reedus Facts
- He used Mark as his first name in school.
- Norman’s parents separated when he was 4 years old. He was estranged from his father for many years but reconciled with him in the last years of his life.
- He had a passport full of stamps by the time he was 10. His mother was a free spirit who traveled to several places in Europe, Asia, and South America whenever she came across a new opportunity.
- Frequent interruptions in education gave Norman ADD and he describes himself as a bad student.
- Norman was offered an acting job by chance at a party in LA. A producer whimsically offered him a part in a play, Maps for Drowners, alongside Lisa Kudrow.
- As a teenager, Norman formed a punk rock garage band called Vicious Pricks. He used to sing but confessed that he did not have much musical talent.
- At 13, he showed a lot of promise as a skillful tennis player. A coach approached him at a school-sponsored event to train him for the Junior Tennis Tour. Norman was happy to leave home and participate until a serious ankle injury made him dislike the game.
- When he was offered to participate in the PRADA campaign, Norman had no idea what it was. He beat Nicolas Cage to get that endorsement.
- He runs his own production house called The Big Bald Head.
- Norman frequently displays his artwork in galleries based in NYC, Berlin, and Frankfurt.
- He met with an accident in Berlin, 2005 which caused him to undergo reconstructive surgery on his nose and get a titanium eye-socket.
- Norman has 9 tattoos on his body which include:
- Son’s name, Mingus on right forearm
- Devil on the upper right arm
- Star on right hand
- An X above his left collarbone
- 2 demons on his back
- A heart on his right wrist
- A snake on his left leg
- And his father’s middle name, Norman on his chest.
- He owns a black cat called ‘Eye in the Dark’.
- The KISS band members are a huge fan of Norman. They once delayed their own concert while waiting for Norman to arrive backstage and take a picture with them before their makeup wore off.
- He is extremely fond of wearing masks and owns about 50 of them.
- The actor is extremely fond of motorcycles and started a travel show in 2016, Ride with Norman Reedus that requires him and a guest to explore a new place on the bike.
- He played the part of Judas in Lady Gaga’s hit song Judas and has acted in several music videos for leading bands and artist.
- He is a very close friend of his Walking Dead co-star Andrew Lincoln.
- Norman is a self-proclaimed cleanliness freak who keeps his apartment neat and organized with the frequent use of The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser cleaning pad.
- He was a part of Cruelty Free International ad in 2015, to protest against cosmetic testing on animals.
- In June 2021, Norman and Diane Kruger listed their Los Angeles-based 7,732 square feet house for $9.25 million.