|Plabita Borthakur Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Year of Birth||1992/1993|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Plabita Borthakur is an Indian actor, singer, songwriter, composer, musician, and artist. Over the course of her career, she has been cast in a variety of shows and movies which include the likes of Lipstick Under My Burkha, PK, Bombay Begums, Fuh Se Fantasy, Escaype Live, Ahaan, Chhote Nawab, Waah Zindagi, Sutliyan, Doosra, Breathe : Into the Shadows, MTV Big F, What’s Your Status, and Parchhayee.
She was born in 1992/1993.
Duliajan, Dibrugarh, Assam, India
Plabita Borthakur studied at Jai Hind College, an autonomous college affiliated with the University of Mumbai located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Composer, Musician, Artist
- Father – Probin Borthakur (Engineer by profession with Oil India Limited, an Indian Classical Singer and Teacher)
- Mother – Rina Borthakur (Writer, Poet)
- Siblings – Parineeta Borthakur (Older Sister) (Actor), Priyangi Borthakur (Older Sister)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Plabita Borthakur has dated –
- Pranab Buragohain – She is married to artist, entrepreneur, and musician Pranab Buragohain.
Race / Ethnicity
Plabita Borthakur Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in the Oil India township of Duliajan in Assam. Afterward, she shifted to Mumbai.
- Plabita Borthakur made her first theatrical film appearance as Jaggu’s sister in the 2014 Hindi-language satirical comedy-drama film PK, starring Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput, Boman Irani, Saurabh Shukla, and Sanjay Dutt. The film became the highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- She has also been a member of a band named Manu and Chow.
- Along with Ratna Pathak, Konkona Sen Sharma, and Aahana Kumra, Plabita Borthakur co-starred as Rehana Abidi (a fresher in college who sews burkhas for her family’s store) in the 2016 Hindi-language black comedy film Lipstick Under My Burkha. This performance got her nominated for a Star Screen Award in the “Most Promising Newcomer – Female” category.
- She was cast as Onella in the 2019 feel-good comedy-drama film Ahaan, India’s first Hindi-language film starring a Down Syndrome person in the leading role (played by newcomer Abuli Mamaji).
- In 2020, she started appearing as Meghna Verma in the Amazon Prime Video crime drama thriller series Breathe: Into the Shadows. The show stars Abhishek Bachchan, Amit Sadh, and Nithya Menen in lead roles.
- Plabita Borthakur brought to life the character of Ayesha in the Netflix drama series Bombay Begums in 2021. Her co-stars for the project included Pooja Bhatt, Shahana Goswami, Amruta Subhash, and Aadhya Anand.
- Alongside Naveen Kasturia, Vijay Raaz, Sanjay Mishra, Ramnath Choudhary, Dharmesh Vyas, Manoj Joshi, and Nakul Tiwadi, Plabita Borthakur co-starred as Reena in the 2021 Hindi-language comedy-drama film Waah Zindagi.
- In 2022, she was seen as Hina aka Fetish Girl in the Hindi-language streaming television series Escaype Live. She co-starred in the show alongside Siddharth Suryanarayan, Jaaved Jaaferi, Shweta Tripathi, Sumedh Mudgalkar, Waluscha De Sousa, and Ritvik Sahore.
Featured Image by Pranabgohain / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0