|T. R. Knight Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1973|
|Spouse||Patrick B. Leahy|
T. R. Knight is an American actor, voiceover artist, and stage actor who is best known for portraying the character of Dr. George O’Malley on the ABC medical drama Grey’s Anatomy. He has also been cast in shows and movies like The Good Wife, The Catch, Last Request, 42, The Comey Rule, Will & Grace, God Friended Me, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Charlie Lawrence, 11.22.63, A Year and Change, Genius: Einstein, When We Rise, and The Flight Attendant.
Theodore Raymond Knight
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Los Feliz, Los Angeles, California, United States
For grades K-8, T. R. Knight studied at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis. He then got enrolled at the Academy of Holy Angels in Richfield, Knight and after graduating high school, he attended the University of St. Thomas for a brief period of time as he soon dropped out to pursue acting.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Stage Actor
- Father – Wayne Raymond Knight
- Mother – Shirley Rose (Logelin)
- Sibling – Danny Knight (Brother)
- Others – Herbert Edmund Logelin (Maternal Grandfather), Malinda/Melinda D. Dressel (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
T. R. Knight has dated –
- Luke Macfarlane (2005-2006) – He was romantically involved with Canadian actor and singer Luke Macfarlane from 2005 to 2006.
- Mark Cornelsen (2007-2009) – In the year 2007, he started going out with activist Mark Cornelsen but the couple broke up in October 2009.
- Patrick B. Leahy (2013-Present) – Knight married ballet dancer and author Mark Cornelsen on October 5, 2013, in Hudson, New York.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, French, and English descent.
He once said, “I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I’d like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there. While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I’m gay isn’t the most interesting part of me.”
He was raised Catholic.
T. R. Knight Facts
- He was 12 years old when he got involved with the Guthrie Theater.
- He was offered the Conners Foundation Scholarship as a freshman and apprenticed at the Children’s Theatre Company.
- Along with his brother, T. R. Knight used to work at the local Red Owl supermarket.
- He appeared as Harold Parrott in 42, a 2013 biographical sports film about baseball player Jackie Robinson.
- For his role as Dr. George O’Malley on Grey’s Anatomy, he dyed his hair. Also, this role got him nominated for Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series” and Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
- In 2017, T. R. Knight co-starred as Carl (The Husband) in the musical film, Hello Again, in which his co-stars included Sam Underwood, Nolan Gerard Funk, Jenna Ushkowitz, Audra McDonald, Martha Plimpton, and Rumer Willis.
- He has been friends with Katherine Heigl, his former Grey’s Anatomy co-star. Also, he was a groomsman at her wedding to Josh Kelley.
Featured Image by T. R. Knight / Instagram