|Arlenis Sosa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Arlenis Sosa is a Dominican model who has worked with several designers and brands like Victoria’s Secret, Prabal Gurung, Oscar de la Renta, Cushnie Et Ochs, Zac Posen, John Paul Ataker, Gap, Matthew Williamson, Banana Republic, Carolina Herrera, Jill Stuart, Derek Lam, Diane von Furstenberg, Herve Leger, Jason Wu, Jonathan Saunders, Rag & Bone, Alexander Wang, Peter Som, Roccobarocco, Tadashi Shoji, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Christian Dior, Ruffian, Bill Blass, Kevork Kiledjian, Miguel Adrover, Michael Kors, Narciso Rodríguez, Ohne Titel, BCBG Max Azria, Carlos Miele, Tsumori Chisato, Mariella Burani, Anna Sui, Bottega Veneta, Iceberg, Emanuel Ungaro, Donna Karan, Fashion for Relief, Paul Smith, Jean Paul Gaultier, Jeremy Scott, and Hermes. The model has also graced the covers of magazines such as Flare Canada, Elle Canada, French Revue De Modes, Vogue Germany, TRACE, and TIME Style & Design.
Arlenis Sosa Peña
Copey, Pepillo Salcedo, Monte Cristi Province, Dominican Republic
Arlenis got her primary and secondary education from Evangelical College Simon Bolivar in Dajabón.
At 16, she had plans to further pursue her education in communication studies in Santo Domingo. But, she was discovered at the same time and hence started modeling.
Fashion / Runway model
Arlenis Sosa can be contacted via these modeling agencies –
- Models 1 – London
- The Society Management – New York
- Marilyn Agency – Paris
- Why Not Models – Milan
- Traffic Models – Barcelona
- Traffic Models – Madrid
- Modelwerk – Hamburg
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Arlenis Sosa has dated –
- Rene Rodriguez (2009-2012) (View Picture) – On February 23, 2009, Arlenis started dating fellow Dominican model Rene Rodriguez. They split in 2012, after dating for three years. The biggest advantage was that being a model, she still got to see her boyfriend quite often as he is a model too.
- Donnie McGrath (2012-Present) – American basketball player Donnie McGrath and Arlenis started dating in 2012. The couple engaged on January 17, 2014. They married on June 20, 2015, at a beachside wedding in Cap Cana, Dominican Republic.
Race / Ethnicity
Arlenis Sosa is of Dominican Republic descent.
- High Cheekbones
- Full lips
33-25-35 in or 84-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Arlenis did the advertisements for Banana Republic, David Yurman, Express, Gap, Gap CFDA, H&M, Jones New York, Lancome, Polo Ralph Lauren, Topshop, Victoria’s Secret, and others.
Best Known For
Advertising for Lancome, Victoria’s Secret, Gap, and others.
She is also known for her lips.
First Fashion Show
She debuted with Pre-fall 2008 fashion show where she walked the ramp for Oscar de la Renta.
Victoria’s Secret model, Arlenis Sosa was asked about her fitness and stuff like that. She says there is always time for workouts. You just have to fit in it. For example, if she is traveling, she packs the sneakers with her and tries to run around her hotel or sometimes gets up early (like 5 am) and goes to the nearby gym/hotel gym. If that is not possible, she does floor exercises like crunches for abs, etc in her hotel room.
When she is not traveling, she exercises with her personal trainer and does a lot of Pilates.
She likes to listen to house music while working out like Swedish House Mafia, Sebastian, etc.
She always keeps nuts and some non-sweet stuff always with her. This is her favorite go-to snack.
She drinks a lot of water to keep herself hydrated and her skin glowing. It also helps in anti-aging.
Arlenis Sosa Facts
- She appeared in Victoria’s Secret fashion show in 2008.
- Arlenis is friends with models Caroline Trentini, Coco Rocha, Chanel Iman, Elisa Sednaoui, Gracie Carvalho, Jourdan Dunn, Liu Wen, R’el Dade, and Sessilee Lopez.
- Arlenis was discovered by designer Luis Menieur (her mom’s agent) at the age of 16 when she was walking with her family in Copey (in her homeland).
- In March 2008, she walked into Marilyn Models Agency and signed with them on the spot.
- She likes to spend quality time with her friends and family in Dominica when she is not working.
- In September 2008, she became the face of Lancôme.
- Arlenis didn’t know English when she first moved to New York (for modeling).
- In 2006, she participated in the Dominican Republic’s “Elite Model Look contest.”
- On September 19, 2008, Sosa was featured as one of the top-ten newcomers on models.com.
- On the occasion of Mother’s Day 2014, she posted a picture of herself with her mom on Instagram.
- She has been featured in various magazines and editorials including Elle Quebec, Elle Canada, Porter, Harper’s Bazaar Kazakhstan, Glamour USA, Harper’s Bazaar USA, V Magazine, V Magazine Spain, Vogue USA, Vogue Spain, Vogue Brazil, and 10 Magazine.