|Portia Doubleday Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1988|
Portia Doubleday is an American actress and producer who is known for playing Heather in the television sitcom Mr. Sunshine, Sheeni Saunders in the romantic comedy-drama film Youth in Revolt, Angela Moss in the drama thriller television series Mr. Robot, and Chris Hargensen in the supernatural horror film Carrie. In addition to that, she has also been cast in various other movies which include the likes of Legend of the Mummy, After the Ball, K-11, Her, 18, In Between Days, Howard Cantour.com, Fantasy Island, Almost Kings, and Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son.
Portia Ann Doubleday
Born Place / Residence
Los Angeles, California, United States
Portia Doubleday went to the Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies in West Los Angeles.
She studied psychology in college.
She studied at the California State University in Northridge, California.
- Father – Frank Doubleday (Actor)
- Mother – Christina Hart (Actress, Film Producer/Director, Playwright)
- Siblings – Kaitlin Janette Doubleday (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Arnold Doubleday (Paternal Grandfather), Jane Howarth (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Harry Hartzell (Maternal Grandfather)
Portia Doubleday has been represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, West Hollywood, California, United States
- Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Portia Doubleday has dated –
- Alex Russell (2012) – In November 2012, Portia was reported to be in a relationship with Australian actor Alex Russell. Their relationship became public knowledge after they were pictured kissing while shopping together in Los Angeles. They had met while shooting for the supernatural horror movie, Carrie.
- Rami Malek (2015-2017) – After the start of her drama thriller TV series, Robot, Portia was regularly linked with her co-actor Rami Malek. Although they didn’t own up to their relationship, their fans believed that the two were more than just friends. Their cozy behavior in pictures posted on Portia’s Instagram also hinted at something deeper than just normal friendship. Reportedly, the duo parted ways in the year 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Portia Doubleday is of German, English, Scottish, and Swiss-German descent.
- Blue Eyes
- Small Mouth
- Oval-Shaped Face
34-23-33 in or 86-58.5-84 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Portia started her acting career at the age of 8 by appearing in a TV commercial for Goldfish Crackers (1997).
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Sheeni Saunders in Youth In Revolt (2009)
- Being cast in Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son (2011) as Jasmine Lee
- Portraying Chris Hargensen in the American horror movie Carrie (2013), which had Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore in lead roles
- Being cast in the role of Angela Moss in the drama thriller TV series, Mr. Robot
In 1998, she made her theatrical film debut at the age of 9, in Bram Stoker’s horror movie Legend of the Mummy as Young Margaret.
First TV Show
In 2011, Portia made her TV show debut with Mr. Sunshine. She portrayed the role of Heather in 12 episodes.
Portia Doubleday Favorite Things
- Food – Mushroom – Shaped Chocolate Candy
- Movie – This Is It (2009)
Source – MTV
Portia Doubleday Facts
- For her yearbook picture for Grade 7, Portia wore a wedding dress to school.
- While growing up, she was very much into soccer and played it for 12 years. In fact, she was in three teams at one point in time.
- Portia has often revealed in her interviews that she was quite a tomboy and a dork while growing up.
- Although Portia started her acting career at a relatively young age, she didn’t leave school to focus on her acting career. Her parents insisted that she complete high school.
- As an adult, she described herself as androgynous.
- The actress was quite rebellious in her teen years and even bleached her eyebrows blonde and dyed her hair black to look cool.
- She was roped in to play the role of a 15-year-old girl, Kate in the pilot episode of United States of Tara. However, she wasn’t hired full-time as the producers decided to take the character in a different direction.
- She played the role of Isabella in the 2013 science-fiction romantic drama film Her, starring Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Adams, Rooney Mara, Olivia Wilde, and Scarlett Johansson.
- From 2015 to 2019, she brought to life the character of Angela Moss (Elliot’s childhood friend and a fellow employee at Allsafe who later becomes PR Manager for E Corp) in the psychological drama techno-thriller television series Mr. Robot. Her co-stars for the project included Rami Malek, Carly Chaikin, Martin Wallström, Christian Slater, Michael Cristofer, Stephanie Corneliussen, Grace Gummer, BD Wong, Bobby Cannavale, Ashlie Atkinson, and Elliot Villar.
- Portia Doubleday was one of the 55 faces of Future in the Young Hollywood Issue of Nylon Magazine.
- She once said, “In my heart and soul, I always knew that I wanted to be in show business.”
- Along with Michael Peña, Maggie Q, Lucy Hale, Austin Stowell, Jimmy O. Yang, Ryan Hansen, and Michael Rooker, she co-starred as Sloane Maddison in the 2020 supernatural horror film Fantasy Island (also known as Blumhouse’s Fantasy Island).