|Amit Sharma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amit Sharma is an Indian director, producer, and writer who initially gained acclaim for directing television commercials for numerous brands such as Google, Lifebuoy, Coca-Cola, and Amazon. The Economic Times has described his work as a “contemporary greatest hits of Indian advertising”. In addition to that, he has also been a part of several films which include the likes of Badhaai Ho, Tevar, Maidaan, and Lust Stories 2.
Amit Ravindernath Sharma
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Ravindernath Sharma (Retired Government Employee)
- Mother – She worked for the government and passed away in a car accident in 2008.
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Amit Sharma has dated –
- Aleya Sen Sharma – He is married to Aleya Sen Sharma and the duo parents a son named Rosh Sharma. Aleya has worked as a director, producer, and writer of Bollywood films.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Amit Sharma Facts
- He got inclined towards the art of filmmaking at a young age and was in school when he connected with noted film director Pradeep Sarkar. He was eventually invited to shoot an advert in Manali.
- Amit Sharma worked with Pradeep Sarkar for 6 years after his graduation and then shifted to Mumbai in 2001.
- Along with Aleya Sen and Hemant Bhandari, Amit Sharma co-founded the production company Chrome Pictures in 2004.
- He was offered an assistant role in Pradeep Sarkar’s 2005 Hindi-language musical romance film Parineeta but he turned it down.
- He directed an advert entitled ‘The Silent National Anthem’ in 2011 and it featured deaf and mute ‘singing’ the Jana Gana Mana through sign language. It won a silver award at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
- In 2013, Amit Sharma worked on an advert for Lifebuoy which focused on hygiene in Indian villages. The advert won Gold at the 2013 Spikes Asia awards.
- He made his directorial debut with the 2015 Hindi-language action film Tevar, an official remake of the 2003 Telugu film Okkadu. Tevar stars Arjun Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha, and Manoj Bajpayee in lead roles. The film received generally bad reviews and Saurabh Dwivedi of India Today said, “The film becomes a watch because of its power packed dialogues written by Shantanu Shrivastava.”
- Amit Sharma was elected to the Cannes Lions Craft Jury in 2016.
- In 2018, he directed and co-produced the Hindi-language comedy-drama film Badhaai Ho. The film’s lead cast included Ayushmann Khurrana, Neena Gupta, Gajraj Rao, Surekha Sikri, Sanya Malhotra, and Shardhul Rana. It became the 9th-highest-grossing Bollywood film of 2018 and won the National Film Awards for “Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment”.
- Along with R. Balki, Konkona Sen Sharma, and Sujoy Ghosh, Amit Sharma co-directed the 2023 Hindi-language anthology film Lust Stories 2. It stars Mrunal Thakur, Kumud Mishra, Angad Bedi, Amruta Subhash, Neena Gupta, Kajol, Tamannaah Bhatia, Tillotama Shome, and Vijay Varma.
Featured Image by Amit Sharma / Instagram