|Arunoday Singh Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 17, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Arunoday Singh is an Indian actor and model who has appeared in movies such as Yeh Saali Zindagi, Mohenjo Daro, Main Tera Hero, Jism 2, Sikandar, 1971: Beyond Borders, Aisha, Buddha in a Traffic Jam, Pizza, Mirch, Ek Bura Aadmi, Ungli, Lahore Confidential, Blackmail, Viceroy’s House, Mr. X, and Love Per Square Foot. He has also been cast in projects like Apharan – Sabka Katega, The Chargesheet: Innocent or Guilty?, and Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein.
Churhat, Madhya Pradesh, India
Arunoday Singh studied at a boarding school in Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. Afterward, he attended Brandeis University (a private research university located in Waltham, Massachusetts).
Additionally, he has also trained at New York Film Academy and in the Acting Studio in New York.
- Father – Ajay Arjun Singh (also known as Rahul Bhaiya) (Politician, Ex-Leader of Opposition of Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly, Served as a Minister of Madhya Pradesh in the Digvijaya Singh’s cabinet)
- Mother – Suniti Singh
- Siblings – He has 2 sisters.
- Others – Arjun Singh (November 5, 1930 – March 4, 2011) (Paternal Grandfather) (Politician, Served twice as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh in the 1980s, Served twice as the Union Minister of Human Resource Development), Saroj Kumari (Paternal Grandmother), Yuvaraja Aishwarya Singh of Singrauli (Cousin)
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arunoday Singh has dated –
- Aditi Rao Hydari – It is RUMORed that he had an affair with actor Aditi Rao Hydari in the past. They co-starred in the 2011 crime thriller film Yeh Saali Zindagi.
- LeeAnna Elton (2013-2019) – Arunoday Singh met LeeAnn Elton (owner of a cafe in Goa) in Goa in the year 2013. After 3 years, they got married on December 13, 2016. However, the marriage ended in divorce in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Arunoday Singh Facts
- He stated that it was after watching American actor Marlon Brando in the crime drama film On the Waterfront (1954) that he decided to pursue a career in acting.
- Alongside Irrfan Khan, Chitrangada Singh, and Aditi Rao Hydari, Arunoday Singh co-starred as Kuldeep Sawhney in the 2011 Hindi crime thriller film Yeh Saali Zindagi. This performance got him nominated in the “Best Actor in a Supporting Role” category at the Screen Awards.
- He appeared as Moonja (Maham’s son) in the 2016 Hindi-language period action-adventure film Mohenjo Daro. His co-stars included Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde, Kabir Bedi, and Manish Choudhary.
- Arunoday Singh was cast as Vikram Pandit in the 2016 political thriller film Buddha in a Traffic Jam directed by Vivek Agnihotri. The film was panned by critics for its controversial plot and Suprateek Chatterjee of HuffPost deemed it to be a “frequently ridiculous propaganda piece” for the right-wing.
- He played Asif in the 2017 fictional drama film Viceroy’s House, starring Hugh Bonneville, Gillian Anderson, Manish Dayal, Huma Qureshi, and Michael Gambon.
- In 2018, Arunoday Singh started appearing as Rudra Shrivastava/Bikram Bahadur Shah (BBS) in the Hindi-language action thriller streaming television series Apharan. This role won him the award for “Best Actor” at the Streaming Awards – December Edition in 2018.
- Along with Richa Chadda and Karishma Tanna, he co-starred as Rauf Ahmed Kazmi / Wasim Ahmed Khan in the Hindi-language spy thriller film Lahore Confidential in 2022. It serves as a sequel to the 2020 film London Confidential.
- He was seen as Contract Killer in the Netflix Hindi-language romantic crime thriller series Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein in 2022. The show’s lead cast included Tahir Raj Bhasin, Shweta Tripathi, and Anchal Singh.
- Arunoday Singh’s paternal grandfather was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh during the infamous Bhopal Disaster (or Bhopal gas tragedy) and he escorted the main culprit, American businessperson Warren Anderson, out of the country.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0