Fashion and Runway Model
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
51 kg or 112 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joan Smalls dated –
- Bernard Smith (2011-Present) – Since 2011, Joan is dating American businessman, Bernard Smith.
Race / Ethnicity
32.5-24-34 in or 83-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Joan has appeared in many advertisements including Calvin Klein Jeans, Chanel, Cop-Copine, David Yurman, Dillard’s, Estée Lauder, Giambattista Valli for Macy’s, Givenchy, Givenchy eyewear, Gucci, Gucci eyewear, Lacoste, Liz Claiborne, Neiman Marcus, Ports 1961, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney
Best Known For
Having worked with big fashion houses and brands
First TV Show
Till now, she has appeared only in Fashion Shows. Joan appeared in Ready to Wear – Spring /Summer 2008 and other fashion shows as well.
Mark Gordon. Joan started working with Gordon 4 years ago. She does not diet, so, she goes to the gym every day for an hour (before any swimwear photoshoot). She has scoliosis (abnormal curving of the spinal cord). So, Gordon makes an appropriate schedule for her which includes strength training, interval exercises, cardio and targeted exercises for abs and buns. See her full workout routine, diet plan, and beauty secrets.
Joan Smalls Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Spanish
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Lipgloss – Estee Lauder Nude Rose Lipgloss
- Favorite Photographer – Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott
- Favorite Place – Tanzania, Africa
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin and Tabitha Simmons
Source – HuffingtonPost.com
Joan Smalls Facts
- Joan Smalls has featured alongside Bruno Mars in Vogue 2011 edition.
- Joan Smalls started modeling for Victoria’s Secret and has appeared in 2011 Fashion Show.
- Some of her friends are Bobbi Wiens, Danielle Hamm, Shelby Coleman, Lea T.
- According to models.com, Joan Smalls is the world’s no. 1 model since September 1, 2012.
- She has a pet named, Mr. Grey (cat). She left her pet cat at her parents’ house in Puerto Rico.
- She wants that Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy should design her wedding dress.
- Being a model, her every day is unpredictable as she needs to travel to different places for fashion shows, which she likes it.
- Joan has appeared in Ricky Martin‘s “It’s Alright” video.
- She spent her first hard-earned money for buying a car for her father.
- Joan Smalls was selected to walk the ramp exclusively for Givenchy Spring 2010 couture show.