|Joan Smalls Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Joan Smalls is a Puerto Rican model and actor who has worked with various renowned brands and designers like Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Versace, Stella McCartney, Calvin Klein, Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Balenciaga, Oscar De La Renta, Louis Vuitton, Balmain, Tommy Hilfiger, Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Moschino, Karl Lagerfeld, Hugo Boss, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Miu Miu, Hermès, Prada, Alexander Wang, Bottega Veneta, Givenchy, Roberto Cavalli, Ralph Lauren, Rag & Bone, Neiman Marcus, H&M, Estée Lauder, Prabal Gurung, United Colors of Benetton, and Dsquared². She became the first Latina model to represent Estée Lauder cosmetics in 2011 and was included in Forbes magazine’s “World’s Highest-Paid Models” list for the first time in 2013. Joan has also appeared in movies like Set It Up and John Wick: Chapter 2.
Joan Smalls Rodriguez
Hatillo, Puerto Rico
Fashion and Runway Model, Actor
- Father – Eric Smalls (Accountant)
- Mother – Betzaida Rodríguez (Social Worker)
- Siblings – She has 2 sisters.
For her modeling work, she has been repped by –
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
Joan Smalls has also been signed with Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Her net worth has been $26 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10.5 in or 179 cm
61 kg or 134.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joan Smalls has dated –
- Bernard Smith (2011-2019) – In the year 2011, Joan started dating American businessperson Bernard Smith. However, after going out for several years, the duo decided to call it quits in 2019.
- Henry Junior Chalhoub (2020-Present) – She reportedly started a romantic relationship with Henry Junior Chalhoub in July 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Joan Smalls is of African-Virgin Islander and Irish descent on her father’s side and has Puerto Rican (Spanish, Taino, and Indian) roots on her mother’s side.
32.5-24-34 in or 83-61-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Joan has appeared in many advertisements including Calvin Klein Jeans, Chanel, Cop-Copine, David Yurman, Dillard’s, Estée Lauder, Giambattista Valli for Macy’s, Givenchy, Givenchy eyewear, Gucci, Gucci eyewear, Lacoste, Liz Claiborne, Neiman Marcus, Ports 1961, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Stella McCartney
In 2017, she was announced as the face of the Moschino fragrance, “Fresh Couture Gold”.
Best Known For
Having worked with big fashion houses and brands
She made her theatrical film debut as Continental Female Assassin in the 2017 American neo-noir action thriller film John Wick: Chapter 2, starring Keanu Reeves, Common, Laurence Fishburne, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ruby Rose, Lance Reddick, Peter Stormare, Bridget Moynahan, John Leguizamo, and others.
First TV Show
Till now, she has appeared only in Fashion Shows. Joan appeared in Ready to Wear – Spring /Summer 2008 and other fashion shows as well.
Mark Gordon. Joan started working with Gordon 4 years ago. She does not diet, so, she goes to the gym every day for an hour (before any swimwear photoshoot). She has scoliosis (abnormal curving of the spinal cord). So, Gordon makes an appropriate schedule for her which includes strength training, interval exercises, cardio and targeted exercises for abs and buns. See her full workout routine, diet plan, and beauty secrets.
Joan Smalls Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Spanish
- Favorite Restaurant – Her Kitchen
- Favorite Perfume – Tom Ford’s Black Orchid
- Favorite Beauty Products – Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, Daily moisturizer with SPF 15, and Sumptuous Mascara
- Favorite Lipgloss – Estee Lauder Nude Rose Lipgloss
- Favorite Photographer – Steven Meisel, Mario Sorrenti, Mert Alas, and Marcus Piggott
- Favorite Place – Tanzania, Africa
- Favorite Fashion Designers – Riccardo Tisci, Frida Giannini, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Rag & Bone
- Favorite Shoe Designer – Christian Louboutin and Tabitha Simmons
Source – HuffingtonPost.com
Joan Smalls Facts
- Joan Smalls has featured alongside Bruno Mars in Vogue 2011 edition.
- Joan Smalls started modeling for Victoria’s Secret and has appeared in the 2011 Fashion Show.
- Some of her friends are Bobbi Wiens, Danielle Hamm, Shelby Coleman, and Lea T.
- According to models.com, Joan Smalls is the world’s no. 1 model since September 1, 2012.
- She has a pet named, Mr. Grey (cat). She left her pet cat at her parents’ house in Puerto Rico.
- She wants that Riccardo Tisci from Givenchy should design her wedding dress.
- Being a model, her every day is unpredictable as she needs to travel to different places for fashion shows, which she likes it.
- Joan has appeared in Ricky Martin‘s “It’s Alright” video.
- She spent her first hard-earned money for buying a car for her father.
- Joan Smalls was selected to walk the ramp exclusively for Givenchy Spring 2010 couture show.
- She was featured in the music video of Beyoncé‘s song Yoncé in 2013.
- In 2015, Joan teamed up with Estée Lauder to create 12 New Matte Lipsticks for the brand.
- She launched a denim collection called Joan Smalls x True Religion in 2015.
- In 2017, she was featured as a guest judge on the reality competition show, RuPaul‘s Drag Race.
- Joan collaborated with the Smart and Sexy brand to create a line of swimwear and lingerie in 2017.
- In 2018, she appeared as Suze (Charlie’s girlfriend) in the American romantic comedy film Set It Up.