|Mamoudou Athie Quick Info
|6 ft 2¾ in
|Date of Birth
|July 25, 1988
Mamoudou Athie is a Mauritanian actor, producer, voice actor, theatre artist, and model whose film credits include Black Box, Jurassic World Dominion, The Circle, Experimenter, One Percent More Humid, Jean of the Joneses, Patti Cake$, Uncorked, Unicorn Store, The Front Runner, Underwater, and Watch Room. In addition to that, he is also known for his television roles like playing Grandmaster Flash in the Netflix musical drama series The Get Down, Matt Greer in the drama series Sorry for Your Loss, Carl in the sitcom The Detour, Dan Turner in the Netflix supernatural horror series Archive 81, and Jerome in the FXX live-action/adult animated anthology series Cake.
Mamoudou Athie studied acting at the William Esper Studio in the Two-Year Professional Actor Training Program. Later on, he attended the Yale School of Drama and received his MFA, graduating in 2014.
Actor, Producer, Model, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – A diplomat who received political asylum in the United States when Athie was 6 months old.
Mamoudou Athie has been signed with Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States.
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mamoudou Athie is of Mauritanian descent.
Mamoudou Athie Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in New Carrollton, Maryland, outside of Washington, D.C.
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Crying Man in the 2015 biographical drama film Experimenter (also known as Experimenter: The Stanley Milgram Story), starring Peter Sarsgaard, Winona Ryder, Taryn Manning, Kellan Lutz, Anton Yelchin, John Leguizamo, Lori Singer, Dennis Haysbert, Anthony Edwards, and Jim Gaffigan.
- Mamoudou Athie was cast as Jared in the 2017 techno-thriller film The Circle. It stars Emma Watson, Tom Hanks, John Boyega, Karen Gillan, Ellar Coltrane, Patton Oswalt, Glenne Headly, and Bill Paxton.
- From 2018 to 2019, Mamoudou Athie played the role of Matt Greer (a high school English teacher and Leigh’s late husband who possessed aspirations of becoming a comic book artist) in the drama series Sorry for Your Loss. His co-stars for the project included Elizabeth Olsen, Kelly Marie Tran, Jovan Adepo, and Janet McTeer.
- He brought to life the character of the overly-sensitive Jerome in the live-action/adult animated anthology television series Cake in 2019 and this performance got him nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in the “Outstanding Actor in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series” category in 2020.
- Along with Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Isabella Sermon, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, DeWanda Wise, BD Wong, and Omar Sy, Mamoudou Athie co-starred as Ramsay Cole (the head of communications of Biosyn Genetics and Lewis Dodgson’s delegate who secretly allied with Ian Malcolm and his friends to bring Dodgson down) in the 2022 science fiction action film Jurassic World Dominion. The film serves as a sequel to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018) and became the 3rd-highest-grossing film of 2022.
- He was seen as Dan Turner in the supernatural mystery thriller drama horror streaming television series Archive 81 in 2022.
- Mamoudou Athie’s theatre credits include playing Xavier in Tripolitania at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in 2012, Voltimand in Hamlet at the Yale Repertory Theatre in 2013, Boyfriend in Generations at the Soho Repertory Theatre in 2014, and Jonny in The Mystery of Love and S*x at the Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater in 2015.
Featured Image by ColliderVideo / Vimeo / CC BY 3.0