|Elpidia Carrillo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1961|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Elpidia Carrillo is a Mexican actor, producer, and director who has been a part of several projects including Pafnucio Santo, Nuevo Mundo, Guillermo del Toro‘s Cabinet of Curiosities, Pedro Páramo, Bandera Rota, Mein Freund Winnetou, El Jugador de Ajedrez, Bartholome – oder die Rückkehr der weißen Götter, Nine Lives, La Virgen Robada, The Border, Under Fire, The Honorary Consul, Undercover of the Night, Christopher Columbus, Predator, Let’s Get Harry, Salvador, Bread and Roses, Euphoria, Una Cita con el Destino, Miami Vice, Tortilla Heaven, Things You Can Tell Just by Looking at Her, The Assassin, Predator 2, Dangerous Passion, My Family, Lightning Field, La Hija del Puma, The Brave, The Pretender, Un Embrujo, La Otra, A Day Without a Mexican, Solaris, The Other Conquest (La Otra Conquista), The Come at Night, Kingpin, Songbird, Ladrones y Mentirosos, Seven Pounds, Mother and Child, The Tax Collector, and De Tripas, Corazon.
Parácuaro, Michoacán, Mexico
Actor, Producer, Director
- Father – He was killed when Elpidia was 3 years old.
- Siblings – She has 7 siblings.
Elpidia Carrillo has been signed with Ideal Talent Agency, LLC, Talent Agency, Studio City, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $5 Million.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Elpidia Carrillo has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Elpidia Carrillo Facts
- She grew up in an environment of violence and poverty.
- When Elpidia was 3 years old, her father was murdered and her brother was gunned down outside a theater when she was 6.
- She was 10 years old when she shifted to the town of Uruapan with her older sister and they worked at a Chinese restaurant.
- Alongside James Woods, Jim Belushi, Michael Murphy, John Savage, and Cindy Gibb, Elpidia Carrillo co-starred as María in the 1986 war drama film Salvador. For this performance, she was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award in the “Best Female Lead” category.
- Elpidia Carrillo brought to life the character of an insurgent named Anna Gonsalves in the 1987 science fiction action film Predator, the 1st installment in the Predator franchise. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Carl Weathers.
- She co-starred as Tecuichpo/Doña Isabel in the 1999 historical drama film The Other Conquest (Spanish: La Otra Conquista).
- She appeared as Rosa in the 2000 drama film Bread and Roses. The film was nominated for the Palme d’Or at the 2000 Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2003, she was seen as Lupita in the crime drama television series Kingpin.
- Along with Sissy Spacek, Glenn Close, Holly Hunter, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Kathy Baker, Amanda Seyfried, Amy Brenneman, Robin Wright Penn, Aidan Quinn, K Callan, Dakota Fanning, Ian McShane, Mary Kay Place, Molly Parker, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Jason Isaacs, Miguel Sandoval, and Joe Mantegna, Elpidia Carrillo co-starred as Sandra in the 2005 drama film Nine Lives. This role won her the ALMA Award for “Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture”.
- She appeared as Sofia in the 2009 drama film Mother and Child. The film’s lead cast included Naomi Watts, Annette Bening, Kerry Washington, Jimmy Smits, Samuel L. Jackson, David Morse, and David Ramsey.
- In 2019, she played the recurring role of Sonia Perez (Maddy’s mother who is an esthetician) in the teen drama television series Euphoria.
- She was seen as Lita Garcia (Sara’s grandmother) in the 2020 dystopian science fiction thriller film Songbird, starring KJ Apa, Sofia Carson, Craig Robinson, Bradley Whitford, Peter Stormare, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Walter Hauser, and Demi Moore.
- Elpidia Carrillo was cast as Amelia in an episode titled Lot 36 of the dark fantasy horror anthology streaming television series Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities (or simply Cabinet of Curiosities).
Featured Image by Festival Internacional de Cine en Guadalajara / Flickr / CC BY 2.0