Carlos Rico Walker
Shawty Lo was born on March 31, 1976.
Shawty Lo passed away at the age of 40 on September 21, 2016, in a car accident in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Information about his formal education isn’t available.
Rapper, Record producer, Record executive
- Father – Carl Walker
- Mother – Jozie Usher
- Siblings – Quon Walker (Brother)
Shawty Lo was managed by Johnnie Cabbell.
- Asylum Records
- G-Unit South
- Warner Bros.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shawty Lo was known for his womanizing ways. He is reported to have fathered 11 children – 9 daughters and 2 sons. The names of his 6 children are – Alexis Watson, Kiana Hill, Sacaria Reed, Aja Thomas, Nala Perez, and India Watson. Also, he has 10 baby mamas for his 11 children. He had fathered his first child at the age of 17. Before his death, he was financially supporting all his children and their mothers.
In June 2015, one of his baby mamas, Angela “Chocolate” Beasley, had passed away after being involved in a car accident. She had celebrated her 36th birthday on the evening of the same day.
Race / Ethnicity
- Loved wearing shades
- Often wore a baseball cap
Shawty Lo wasn’t cast in any TV commercial for any brand.
He didn’t speak about his religious beliefs when alive.
Best Known For
- Being the founding member of the hip-hop group, D4L. They are best known for the popularity of their single, Laffy Taffy, which managed to reach the very top of the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- Having collaborated with popular hip-hop artists such as Ludacris, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Lil’ Wayne, and DJ Khaled.
- His music group D4L released their debut studio album, Down for Life, in November 2005. The album was certified ‘gold’ and managed to reach the 3rd spot on the US Rap album charts.
- In February 2008, he released his solo debut album, Units in the City, which managed to storm to the top of several album charts and peaked at #13 on US Billboard 200.
Shawty Lo wasn’t cast in any theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance in the music TV series, Sounds of the Underground: Digital.
Information about his workout routine and diet plan isn’t available.
Shawty Lo Favorite Things
- Strip Club – Blue Flame Lounge
Source – 11 Alive
Shawty Lo Facts
- In 2013, it was announced that Oxygen channel will broadcast reality TV show, All My Babies’ Mamas, which was centered around his 11 children and 10 baby mamas. However, the show was eventually scrapped as the channel received hostile public reception over the idea of the show.
- His feud with fellow rapper, T.I. reached its peak in November 2008 at the Dirty Awards as they were involved in a physical confrontation. The award ceremony had to be closed down and the police had to pepper spray their entourages to bring the condition under control.
- In 2003, he founded a record label, D4L Records. In June 2011, his record label inked a distribution deal with rapper 50 Cent‘s subsidiary label G-Unit South. As part of the deal, he pocketed $10 million.
- In January 2015, he revealed that he had signed his record label with Grown Money Entertainment.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Shawty Lo / Instagram