Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Abish attended and completed his graduation from the University of Delhi.
Comedian, YouTuber, Motivational Speaker
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Aneesh Mathew (Older Brother), Bineesh Mathew (Older Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Archana Kavi (2015-Present) – Abish and Indian actress Archana Kavi were family friends and knew each other since childhood. Their parents were keen on getting them married as they were both Malayalees living in Delhi. Gradually, they realized that they could become life partners and got engaged on October 3, 2015, in a low-key traditional ceremony. Their marriage took place on January 23, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- A black mole on his left cheek
- Trimmed beard
Abish Mathew has done endorsement work for the ICICI iMobile App (2017).
Best Known For
- Being the host of the comedy talk show Son of Abish in which he interviews famous Bollywood celebrities and up-coming comedians. The show premiered on YouTube in 2014 and is considered to be heavily influenced by the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show.
- Appearing in several YouTube videos for the All India Bakch*d (popularly known as AIB) including the AIB Roast in 2015 which featured stars like Karan Johar, Arjun Kapoor, and Ranveer Singh.
First TV Show
In 2014, he made his TV show debut in an improv sketch comedy show called The Living Room featuring many stand-up comedians like Kenneth Sebastian, Kanan Gill among others.
His workout routine and diet plans aren’t known.
Abhis Mathew Favorite Things
- Sitcom – Rick and Morty
- Moments From Rick And Morty – Multiverse TV
- Comedian – Robin Williams
Source – Insider, First Post
Abhis Mathew Facts
- He has interned at Radio One for 1 year in 2008. Subsequently, he worked with Hit 95 FM for 3 years before deciding to pursue his passion for stand-up comedy.
- While studying at the Delhi University, he was the lead vocalist of the Delhi teen rock band Lithium X.
- Abish credits his father for coming up with the phrase Son of Abish. While scouting for a title for his show, he decided to use this fun play on words for its eye-catching appeal.
- He has been a headliner comic for many comedy companies like the East India Comedy, Weirdass Comedy, The Papa CJ Comedy Company, Schitzengiggles, etc.
- One of his lesser-known passions is carving on small wooden pieces using pencils.
- The first season of Son of Abish aired in 2014 with the season 2 being broadcast in 2017. Abish explained this discrepancy saying that he wanted to ‘up’ the quality of the show and make it bigger and better. The time off also helped him learn the nuances of production which benefitted the quality of the show in season 2.
- Growing up, he always knew that he wanted to make people laugh. Upon watching Robin Williams’s comedic performances on YouTube, his resolve to become a stand-up comedian only became stronger.
- In March 2015, he performed at the National Law University in Delhi at their cultural festival ‘Kairos’. His jokes were quoted as being ‘s*xist’ and many women walked out within minutes of his performance calling him a “s*xist pig”. This incident sparked a debate over freedom of expression and the right to protest.
- He is also a talented musician who has released songs like End of The Month in May 2016 and the Modern Break up Song (featuring Mallika Dua) in 2017.
- His brand of comedy is best described as ‘clean humor’. He has admitted to writing jokes ‘that his parents can laugh at’.
- His YouTube channel has more than 600k subscribers.
- Visit his official website @ sonofabish.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Abish Mathew / Instagram