|Model James Charles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
James Charles Dickinson
Bethlehem, New York, United States
James Charles went to the Bethlehem Central High School in New York City. In 2016, he was a senior in high school. However, towards the end of 2016, it was reported that he was taking a break from school.
Makeup artist, Model, YouTuber
- Father – He is a contractor.
- Siblings – Ian Jeffrey (Younger Brother) (Instagram Star)
He self-manages his career.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
James Charles has dated –
- Aaron Fuller (2017) – James went out on a date with fellow social media star, Aaron Fuller in January 2017. Fuller had first got in touch with James via a private message on Instagram. They exchanged a couple of messages before heading out for a date. However, their yogurt date turned into a huge drama as another social media star Tana Mongeau and his fans accused Aaron of using James for fame. As he didn’t have time for such distractions, James decided against taking their courtship ahead.
- Shawn (2017) – James’s love life was again a part of a social media drama in September 2017 after a guy named Shawn took to his Twitter account to reveal that James had matched with him on Tinder. However, James wasn’t impressed as he called Shawn out for using him for Twitter fame. Shawn apologized and tried to clarify but by then, the damage was done.
- Grayson Dolan (2018) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to wear blue-colored contact lenses.
Charles came out as gay to his parents when he was 12 years old.
- Often wears a black leather cap backward.
- Freckles on the face
- As a part of his endorsement deal with CoverGirl, he was tasked with headlining a promotional campaign for So Lashy! by BlastPro Mascara.
- He has also used his immense popularity on various social media platforms to promote several products and brands. He has included beauty and other products in his YouTube makeup tutorials for the purpose of promotion.
Best Known For
- Being the first male CoverGirl model.
- Being one of the most popular male beauty social media personalities. He has more than 3 million followers on Instagram and more than 2 million subscribers on YouTube. His YouTube videos have more than 1 billion views.
First TV Show
In November 2016, James made his first TV show appearance as a guest on the popular talk show, Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show. However, his appearance on the TV show wasn’t credited.
His first credited appearance in a TV show came in the talk show Zall Good in 2017 as a guest.
James Charles Favorite Things
Source – Teen Vogue
James Charles Facts
- He was discovered by the cosmetics giant, CoverGirl, through his Instagram account. They were impressed by his ability to become a stereotype and transcend gender difference as a makeup icon.
- He is legally blind but he insists that doesn’t interfere with his ability to do his job efficiently.
- A huge credit for the success of his YouTube channel lies with his father, who first helped James turn their basement into a studio. He later turned his old office into a filming space for his channel.
- James started his journey to social media fame in 2015 by creating his Instagram account. His intention was to inspire others to be confident and comfortable in themselves. He created his YouTube channel in December 2015.
- Before finding fame as a social media personality, his first job in the beauty industry was that of a hairstylist.
- He used to often get pounded by bullies and haters on social media comments for doing ‘a woman’s job.’ However, Instagram’s new filters helped him filter out hateful comments.
- CoverGirl roped in pop star Katy Perry to announce that they have hired James as a spokesmodel for the new beauty product.
- In February 2017, he caused a huge controversy after he made an offensive joke about Ebola and Africa. Shortly after, he dug himself into a deeper hole by revealing that he was blocking those who were calling him out for his comments. He eventually issued an apology.
- In March 2017, a fellow YouTube make-up artist Thomas Halbert posted screenshots of his conversation with Charles in which he seemed to be admitting that he had faked his background story to achieve fame in a shorter period.
- In December 2020, James Charles disabled comments on his viral TikTok video in which he was dancing with his friends in Christmas clothes after some fans claimed that it was not right to do that amid the worsening pandemic situation in Los Angeles.
- James’s Twitter account was hacked in August 2019. As a result, he had temporarily lost his verification badge.
- In January 2021, he was involved in an argument on Twitter with rapper Asian Doll over the makeup artists charging a heavy amount of fees.
- On January 19, 2021, James released the cover of Olivia Rodrigo‘s hit song “Drivers License”.
- In February 2021, he debuted a new look where he was seen with a shaved head. Later in the month, he ruined his own prank when he accidentally showed his head with visible hair streaks after wearing a cap.
Featured Image by James Charles / Instagram