|Varada Sethu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 12, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Varada Sethu is an Indian actor and dancer whose film credits include English: An Autumn in London, Jurassic World Dominion, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Impressions, I Came By, Sket, Now You See Me 2, Special Delivery, and Bad News. In addition to that, the actor has also been a part of several television shows playing roles such as Cinta Kaz in the sci-fi action-adventure series Andor, CIA Analyst McArthur in the Amazon Prime Video action drama series Hanna, DS Mishal Ali in the pre-apocalyptic crime drama series Hard Sun, Aisha in the psychological thriller series Doctor Foster, and Lance Corporal Manisha Chetri, British Army in the 10-part British-American action series Strike Back: Revolution.
London, England, United Kingdom
Varada Sethu studied at Dame Allan’s Schools in the west end of Newcastle upon Tyne, England. Afterward, she enrolled at the University of Bristol and studied Veterinary medicine before switching to Physiology. She then studied acting at the Identity School of Acting in London.
She was also a member of the National Youth Theatre.
- Siblings – Abhaya Sethu (Twin Sister)
Varada Sethu has been signed with Premier Personal PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Varada Sethu Facts
- Varada uses she/her pronouns.
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Newcastle upon Tyne.
- She emerged as the winner of the 2010 Miss Newcastle competition during her final year of 6th form.
- Ever since her younger years, Varada Sethu has been performing both Bharatanatyam and Mohiniyattam.
- She appeared as Meghana Scariah in the 2013 Indian Malayalam-language film English: An Autumn in London.
- Varada Sethu made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of PC Kylie Green in an episode of the medical soap opera Doctors in 2015.
- In 2016, she was seen as Tressler Assistant in the heist thriller film Now You See Me 2 (also known as Now You See Me: The Second Act). The film is a sequel to the 2013 film Now You See Me and the 2nd installment in the Now You See Me series. It stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan, Jay Chou, Sanaa Lathan, Michael Caine, and Morgan Freeman.
- Varada Sethu brought to life the character of Peaseblossom in the 2016 British television film A Midsummer Night’s Dream, based on the William Shakespeare play A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- She was cast as an Indian Nurse in the television crime drama series New Blood in 2016.
- In 2018, she co-starred as Detective Sergeant Mishal Ali in the pre-apocalyptic crime drama series Hard Sun.
- In 2022, Varada Sethu started appearing as Cinta Kaz (a Rebel on Aldhani who is the team’s medic and healer) in the science-fiction action-adventure television series Andor (also known as Star Wars: Andor). Her co-stars for the projects included Diego Luna, Kyle Soller, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Stellan Skarsgård, Denise Gough, Genevieve O’Reilly, Faye Marsay, and Elizabeth Dulau.
- Varada Sethu played Shira (a Fish & Wildlife officer) in the 2022 science fiction action film Jurassic World Dominion, starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Isabella Sermon, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Sam Neill, DeWanda Wise, Mamoudou Athie, BD Wong, and Omar Sy. The film is the 3rd and final installment in the Jurassic World trilogy as well as the 6th installment in the Jurassic Park franchise.
Featured Image by Varada Sethu / Instagram